Sunday, July 6, 2014

2 YEARS OLD!!

 HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DECCY BOY!!  What better way to celebrate than to decorate your own minnie cupcakes with your brother!  Lots of sprinkles and licking fingers ;)!!



Declan is all about balls!  He knows the name of each different ball and what to do with it.  He is left footed which makes Daddy happy.




Our friends, Kelsey and Kaytlin Gross who just lost their mommy to cancer :(.  We will miss Joanne.



Our alternative to holding Slimy Max.  Not as bad if you accidentally squish a worm!

LOVE FOR MY DECCY BOY:

A moment I don't want to forget.  I was putting Declan to bed.  In true Declan style (he is the best cuddler in the world), he nestled his head into my neck while I sang "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission."  For the first time, he started singing the prominent words with me.  My heart melted at his soft, sweet little voice and his ability to finally form some of the words he had been hearing for years.  In the middle of the night he will wake up and call for me.  All I have to do is hold him and let him snuggle in for about 30 seconds.  Then he lets me put him back to bed and goes right back to sleep.

Another funny Deccyism is that he has not liked bread.  Only fruit, really!  I can get him to eat grilled salmon and grilled chicken...yogurt...carrots and cucumbers...chicken nuggets and hotdogs.  After that, we're lucky to get a bite here or there.  Unfortunately this has included the sacrament bread.  Finally, right around 2 years old, he partook of the sacrament!!  Whenever I realize he's eating, I try my hardest not to look at him or make a big deal--I tell everybody not to look at him.  The attention makes him stop.  So funny!

One day I said, "alright Dec, it's time to rock n' roll" which is often what I say to the kids when we need to get going.  This particular time it was just he and I.  He responded with "rock n' roll mama."  Unbelievably cute!

We can't get enough of this cute, athletic, smart, happy, loving little buddy of ours.  
We love you Declan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment